ARTS DOT 2020 APPLICATIONS DEADLINE FEBRUARY 23d
Apply for the next edition of The Arts Dot that will take place in a UNESCO world-heritage building in Karlskrona in May 28th-30th, 2020. Be part of a unique event!
The Arts Dot welcomes visual artists, working in art forms such as painting, sculpture, drawing, photography, installation art and textile art. Artists from all over the world can apply to participate in the exhibition.
PLEASE CAREFULLY READ ALL INFORMATION PRESENTED IN THE AGREEMENT OF THE EXHIBITION BELOW (APPLY TO EXHIBIT)
FOR ARTISTS, INCLUDED IN THE PARTICIPATION:
- Exhibition participation for three days
- Exhibition space 1,5 m – 4 m
- Promotion on media and event home page
- Participation in the competition
- The opportunity to win a cooperation agreement with a gallery in China for one-year representation
- Private View / official opening
- Networking with gallery owners, galleries, institutions, creative industries, companies, media and international artists
- Network After-Party
- Prize Awards ceremony
- Certificate of participation
Deadline for applications: February 23d 2020
The selection of artworks by the jury: until the February 28th, 2020
Announcement of artists selection: March 2th, 2020
Exhibition days: May 28th – 30th, 2020
HOW TO APPLY:
- Fill out the application form.
- Send up to five jpeg-images by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Submit artworks which you want to display at the exhibition in Karlskrona.
- Pay a submission fee of €45/ 480 SEK. The fee covers admin costs & contributes to the event fund, non-refundable. Applicants, not accepted in the physical exhibition, will be given the opportunity to show two (2) digital art pieces in the Digital Show which will be on-screen during the exhibition days.
Applicants will be given the opportunity to participate in THE ARTS DOT DIGITAL SHOW with art pieces which will be on-screen during the exhibition days. More information about it below.
The artist has to attend the art exhibition, unless the artist has a representative, or if supply digital material for the Digital Art Show.
DIGITAL ART SHOW APPLICATIONS DEADLINE APRIL 19th
You’re invited to participate in the Digital Art Show during The Arts Dot international art exhibition, celebrating the arts on a beautiful Karlskrona archipelago in Sweden!
Your work will be shown on large screens during the open hours of the international art exhibition.
INCLUDED IN THE DIGITAL ART SHOW
- Exhibition of 2 up to 8 artwork images displayed on screens at the Art Dot international exhibition.
- Intro of your Artist name and website on the Digital Art Show.
- Your Artist name in event flyers
- Mention of your Artist name and link to your webpage on the website theartsdot.se.
- Digital certificate of participation.
PLEASE NOTE, the Arts Dot reserve the right to reject submitted material that is deemed unacceptable, such as but not limited to, the art of provocative, sexual, offensive or racially/culturally insensitive nature.
Please note that the reviewing and selection process takes time. Allow 5 working days for a response.
WHY CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS?
If an artist and a creative professional want to succeed in a professional career, one inevitably must compete with others. Competition is an effort to attain a certain high level of quality in one’s work, regardless of how others are doing.
There is an essential difference between a sense of taste and a sense of quality. We clearly understand it, respect and enjoy both. Therefore we want to apply the jurors’ knowledge of excellence in the creation of our exhibitions, empowering the use of the public’s understanding of taste by people who experience them.
WHAT IS MY FEE USED FOR?
The Arts Dot is a non-profit activity running by artists and for artists. All proceeds from entry and participating fees fund project-related expenses to make the international artists meeting happen.
If you wish to be considered for this exhibition, please complete the submission form followed and make the submission fee payment through the following links.
Applicants, not accepted in the physical exhibition, will be given the opportunity to show two (2) digital art pieces in THE ARTS DOT DIGITAL SHOW which will be on-screen during the exhibition days.
The jury reserve the right to reject submitted material that is deemed unacceptable, such as but not limited to, the art of provocative, sexual, offensive or racially/culturally insensitive nature.